This is an extension of the Inventory Search API with dynamic inventory ranking built on top of the search results. Marketcheck has taken a novel approach to ranking listings on the fly and has kept the ranking parameters completely configurable according to the users preference / use cases / market understanding.
- Inventory Ranking API has following endpoints
|Inventory Ranked Search||/search/car/active/rank||Ranks active listings fetched based on search parameters and ranking criteria|
|Inventory Ranked Listings||/search/car/active/rank/listings||Ranks input listings based on ranking criteria|
Brief API Details:
- For Inventory Ranked Search API, the search inputs are similar to Inventory Search API.
- Depending upon the search parameters, the active inventory in the market will be ranked, using the ranking criteria.
- The ranking criteria can be customised, by providing weights, based on the use case.
- Inventory Ranked Listings API, allows users to directly provide a bunch of Marketcheck listing ids as input, for ranking.
The Inventory Ranked Search API takes below two inputs:
- Search Parameters
- Ranking Criteria
- All the search parameters used in Inventory Search API can be used here.
- Defaults for sort and range filters are below. These will be used if there are no user provided sort and range filters.
- is_certified desc
- price asc
- miles asc
- Range Filters:
- The top X records from the search results are used for ranking.
- X is the max pagination limit based on your current subscription (Basic/Standard/Pro).
- The sort and range filters determine the records that will be a part of top X records.
- Please use them in conjunction with the weights for the ranking criteria. (discussed below)
- This includes criteria on which each unit will be ranked.
- For each criteria, the weight needs to be provided.
- The weight signifies the importance of the criteria in the ranking.
- Higher the weight, greater the importance of the criteria.
- All the weights must sum up to 100
Following are the ranking criteria’s and there default weights
Users can customise the weights as per their use case.
- Sort and range filters must be used/adjusted as per the ranking criteria weights.
- Ex. In default values you can see the weight of is_certified is the highest and it subsequently decreases for price & miles and that is why we have sorted the vehicles on is_certified first and then on price and miles.
API Usage Examples:
- Search & Rank by Make/Model
- Search & Rank by Body Type
- Search & Rank with User Provided Ranking Criteria
- Rank Listings